Sunday 15 February 2009

But just maybe.......


I might be the 'Lucky Winner' of £250,000. No, really. I have a letter to prove it. In this letter it plainly states that I am, in fact, in the final stages of the competition. We are, evidently, down to the last 2% of entrants. It also advises me that I might want to sit down before reading the accompanying leaflet, which explains to me the effect that suddenly coming into that amount of money has had on other (lucky) people. Well, I sat down. I read the letter and then the leaflet. Then, rather than running amuck at my (almost) new found fortune, I went to the 'junk' drawer, into which we, shamefully, shove anything that we can't find a home for that will fit. In this drawer I unearthed photographs of the beautiful, rurally located, French cottage that I very nearly won last month. I also found details of the BMW, (the one I had to choose the colour of) that'd I'd almost received the log book for. Why? why must these companies do this to ordinary (broke) people? Isnt it enough that we've bought their magazine/ breakfast cereal/chocolate bar, instead of the supermarkets sensibly wrapped, sensibly priced version?
But I guess I answered my own question on that score. Did the old cynic in me screw up their ridiculous letter and even more ludicrous leaflet? Well, not exactly.
Not straight away. I mean, I know I havent really won or anything. Or if I have it's going to be a keyring. But some one has to actually win these mega prizes, dont they? Just maybe there's a competition fairy somewhere, and just perhaps he'll think 'mmmm, she has entered an awful lot of really dumb competitions and won nothing '- (he won't count the 123 key rings) and just possibly, well, you never know, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment