Tuesday 7 July 2009

Peace Man!











Well, as the festival season draws inevitably to a close and I realise I have not, this year, attended one, I am left wondering if I should plan to go next year.





As the mother of two daughters, one almost twenty one and one almost eighteen - same week (bad planning on our part!) I am beginning to wonder, am I too old to go to festivals?





Oh I know you always get some die hards, us old hippies seem to be a tough breed. All that tofu, veggie mince and sunflower seeds must have done some good after all!





Does make you wonder though. I'd hate to be 'the crazy old hippy lady' that turns up at all the festivals, that would be embarrassing for both me and my offspring - who would probably deny knowing me!





I have matured though. I dont wear the cow bell anymore, or the love beads. I go home afterwards, on the predetermined day, so that I can return to work, responsibly, on the right day. I even come back with the same people I went with. Oh man, I even keep my clothes on nowadays!





Yes, perhaps it would be OK for me to attend for one more year. My twenty year old said there were a few people 'even older than you Mum!' at this years Download (Donnington Park). So it looks like there's hope for me yet.





Dont forget to look out for me next year, will you? You'll know who I am, just follow the zimmer frame marks in the mud and the waft of Patcholli!










No comments:

Post a Comment